For flawless beauty this summer, think bold. Traditionally, summer celebrates a natural, neutral palette. But this year, bright blues opi nail polish, spicy corals, and hot pinks turn up the heat for stunning results. Add radiant skin to the mix, and you have summer beauty perfection.
Here are top 10 tips to get you started:
1. Golden glow. This season, it’s all about radiant skin. For the glowing complexion you crave, start with a tinted moisturizer from Smashbox, then finish with Nuxe Multi-Usage Compact Bronzing Powder to give your skin its summer shimmer.
2. Bold lips. Brighten your smile with a twist on traditional red lips. Coral is the hot color of the season, and a sexy, shimmery gloss like Jane Iredale’s Melon PureGloss will help you put the “kiss” in “sunkissed look.”
3. Luscious lashes. For the long, full lashes this season demands, boost your natural volume with Blinc Grand Lash Primer. Follow up with an eyelash curler from Japonesque, then apply your favorite volumizing mascara, such as Smashbox’s Lash DNA.
4. Supple skin. All of that sunning and soaking can dry out your skin, so pamper yourself with a rich, creamy body butter from LaLicious. This sweet treat for your skin is available in a variety of exotic flavors, including passionfruit lime, sugar kiss, and Tahitian flower.
5. Messy tresses. Sure, you’ll see plenty of sleek styles this summer, but the do-it-yourself look reigns supreme. Whether rocking a classic Boho side braid, or a textured chignon, make sure to get the volume you need with Fekkai Advanced Full-Blown Volume Shampoo.
6. Sun protection blue and green opi nail polish. Many cosmetics boast an SPF factor that is perfect for incidental sun exposure. But for more fun in the sun, you need a true sunscreen to shield your skin from harmful rays. Try Peter Thomas Roth’s Uber Dry Sunscreen SPF 30 for a light, water-resistant formula that protects you while you play.
7. Bright eyes. Neutral eye shades are the usual complement for long lashes and bold lips, but candy colors-such as blues, plums, and pinks-continue to be popular this season. Stila’s Summer Eyeshadow Palette gives you the best of both worlds with shimmering hues such as golden copper (Ray) and bright aqua blue (Mystic).
8. Hot pinks. When it comes to nail lacquer, pretty pinks are standard summer fare-but this season’s shades are bold and bright. Try OPI’s Flower to Flower or Essie’s Pansy for nails that say hello without going over the top. For a sparkly twist on this hot trend, try OPI’s Wing It, a bright fuchsia with a glittery flare.